Monday 9 May 2011

Evaluation Question 5: How did you attract/address your audience?

One way I attracted my audience is because my model is wearing 'Beats by Dre'. This may attract an audience because they might then think that there is a prize or someway to win the headphones. One way or the other, the headphones will attract my potential target audience because 'Beats by Dre' are well known globally and you can immediately associate them with music and can immediately be associated with rapper and producer Dr.Dre (creator of Beats)

My model is wearing quite 'urban' clothing but the type of people my magazine attract might view this type of clothing as fashionable and something that they would wear. This factor could have contribute to how i attracted by audience, because they may feel the magazine represents the way they dress. Also my model wasn't wearing expensive designer clothing, in many ways this may be suitable to a lot of my audience to go out and buy, instead of spending loads of money on designer clothing which may be seen on celebrities in other magazines.  There are also sections on my contents dedicated to fashion that may have also attracted my audience.

Although my model Keisha is not wearing stereotypical girly clothing, she has a very pretty face and smile, which may have also helped to attract the audience. Her smile is warm and this itself may have had a effect on the audience. The photograph on a magazine front cover is stereotypically an attractive person and I think my magazine has stuck to this stereotypical idea. Keisha does not look girly, but still looks well-groomed, clean and presentable. This will help attract a male audience because stereotypically boys like the looks of pretty, young ladies and will also attract females as they might aspire to look like Keisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment