Monday 9 May 2011

Evaluation Question 1: In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

When I started this unit, I annotated the front cover of ‘Vibe’ magazine. In my own music magazine, I tried to use the basis of how a real music would look and I used this cover of Vibe as a guideline, to help attract an audience potentially interested in my magazine.
It is common for a lot of magazine to use a large masthead, which is shown in this front cover, stretching from the one side of the page to the other and place at the top of the magazine, this is the traditional position of a masthead on a magazine. By creating a masthead this way it is able to attract reader’s attention. The masthead on my magazine is in a bold, eye-catching colour and in a bubble-writing style like all music magazines.
The central imagine of my magazine is an individual shot of a black female (Keisha) with ‘Beats by Dre’ headphones. I used this image because I felt that my potential target audience would be able to connect with it. My music magazine is a mix of Hip-Hop, R&B, UK Grime & Funky house – the main people that listen to this genre of music are of a black heritage, so hopefully people would be attracted to the magazine because of the image used. My image is in colour, I used Photoshop to brighten and airbrush my image. My image is placed on a white plain background, which helps the main focus to be on Keisha and denotes her as a musician and looking relative to the genre of music (Hip-Hop, R&B, UK Grime & Funky house).

No comments:

Post a Comment