Monday 9 May 2011

Evaluation Question 3: What kind of Media institution might distribute your media production and why?


I managed to do some research and decided that Bauer Media would be a suitable media institution to distribute my music magazine, here is the link to the company's website:

I decided to pick Bauer media because the magazines they publish are mainly attract and appeal to a rock audience - e.g. 'Q', 'KERRANG' and 'Mojo' magazines. Bauer media would benefit from publishing my magazines because it's a different genre of music and my magazine would be the first 'Hip Hop etc' magazine they would have. Which means they would be able to draw in a new audience of different tastes and ethnicities then the 'usual' customers they already have. I think that this would help them to develop as an an institution because they would be experienced in catering the interest of different races, E.g. black, mix-raced, white and  Asian etc. Bauer media are a worldwide empire that offers more than 300 magazines in 15 countries as well as online, TV and radio stations. This means that my magazine would have a powerful distribution, marketing and production backing, increasing the chance of my magazines making an impressive profit. My magazine would also be financially beneficial to Bauer because my magazine is the only type of its genre there would be no other magazine competing with me because we would be aiming to appeal to different audiences. 


The brands that currently exist with Bauer Media reach over 19 million UK adults over across multiple media channels, this means that my magazine would have the chance to be the first magazine to attract a new sort of audience. An audience with an interest in Hip Hop, R&B, UK Grime and Funky house. Grime and Funky house are seen as quite niche, especially Grime which is mostly popular in London and the outskirts of London and Funky house is well known in Great Britain. However, Hip Hop and R&B are popular genres of music all over the world. So there is a little something for everyone in my music magazine. 



Although rock is a very, very popular genre of music all over the world. The fact that my magazine is aimed at four similar but different genres it would have twice as much advertisers wanting to advertise my magazine, especially because Hip Hop and R&B are such popular genres of music.


No comments:

Post a Comment